I am delighted to have been nominated for this award last month by Kim – I have delayed sharing it to avoid boring you all, having already written about one award in January! It is always an honour to be recognised by a fellow blogger and I am so thankful to Kim at Keep It Mindful blog. I “met” Kim at the end of last year soon after she started blogging about living life as a young mum with 2 children and a chronic illness. Kim has Multiple Sclerosis and writes with frankness and honesty on all manner of things – about her illness flares to potty training! Visit Kim here on Keep It Mindful and find out more.
The Mystery Blogger Award:
“It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.”
Created by Okoto Enigma.
The rules are:
• Put the award logo/image on your blog.
• List the rules.
• Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
• Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
• Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
• You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
• Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
• Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
• Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Things about me:
1. I am an avid reader, belong to several online book clubs and a local one where we meet monthly in the pub.
2. I started nurse training 30 years ago next month – March ’88 set. We are having a reunion weekend in May – I haven’t seen some of the others since the early ’90s.
3. I have a fish phobia – live fish or fish with heads & eyes. Not great when hubby had a huge tropical fish tank when we were first married!!
My questions for you:
- What book has made an impact on you (at any age!)?
- Who from history would you like to have a drink with?
- Tea or coffee? Cup or mug?
- What has been your greatest achievement?
- How would your friends describe you – in 3 words?
My answers to Kim’s questions:
1. What made you start blogging?
I was about to have a trial for a spinal cord stimulator to help control my chronic nerve pain and the blogging idea was to cover two bases: for friends and family to know how I was doing & save hubby on phone calls; I had received so much support from others online and I thought maybe I could give back some support & experience. I must admit the fact my kids thought no one would want to read anything their mum wrote was a bit of a red rag to a bull!
2. Where would be your dream place in the world to see?
3. What is your ultimate goal in life?
For me this links to number 5 – to live life to the full whilst I can. We never know what is around the corner. If my kids are happy, generous and thoughtful adults…and I have been able to support/help others for as long as possible (I know, I know – the nursey, touchy, feely bit!) then my job is done!
4. If you had one super power what would it be?
Recently I have watched the TV spin off from the X Men, The Gifted – the gift of one mutant was the ability to change/take away the feeling of pain. This would be my super power!!
5. Who or what is your motivation?
One of my closest friends died aged 37 from breast cancer and I have cared for various young patients as a cancer, AIDS & hospice nurse who died. They are definitely my motivation, particularly now I have chronic illness, to live life to the full. There are too many to list here but a few names that stay with me are Clare (aged 21 uncontrolled type 1 diabetes), Connie (age 23 cancer), Paul (age 28 AIDS), Sunil (mid 40s Motor Neurone Disease), Samantha (age 27 breast cancer) John (mid 30s Cancer of tonsils).
My 2 favourite posts that I have written are: Today You Beat Me and Be Kind to Each Other
Thank you again, let’s keep the positivity and enjoy your day/night.
Pin for later